On Monday night, March 21, 2022, Wishful Thinking experienced a devastating fire in our shop. The contents and the building have been damaged or destroyed. The neighboring shop was also damaged.
Fortunately, no one was in the shop at the time and no one was hurt. The nearby fire department, which is made up of volunteers, was at the fire department doing some maintenance. Had they not been there at the time, it would have been another 10 minutes before they would have arrived at the scene. The fire started on our porch; the fire inspector believes it was a discarded cigarette.
We want to keep you posted on our progress:
Things we have done so far:
* We took down all our products from our online store that were either destroyed or have smoke damage.
* All the products you see online are new goodies! We will not send you anything damaged in the fire!
* That being said, we do have a table with Fire Sale items that were salvageable. If you have been in our shop that burned, you'll remember that we had 2 rooms. The south room where we had our demo table, was heavily damaged by fire. The north room, where we had our cash register, experienced smoke and some water damage.
* We have located a new home in Nashville! You can find us in The Heritage Mall, 41 S. Van Buren Street. This is the front entrance to the mall. The back entrance is on Old School Way, about a block and a half north of our old shop (and across the street from our original location if you've been a long-time customer).
* We are still hosting our ATC swap! Click on the tab for ATC to see upcoming themes and samples of past swaps. And we are so happy to note that our ATC collection at the shop survived the fire! You'll soon be able to view our 15+ year collection of our little masterpieces once again (they are still at Marlene's house; once we're done our renovations in our new location, we'll bring them back)!
Thank you to everyone for your kind support and much welcomed prayers!
We are always posting new treasures online!
Love our shop? Tell someone about it! We love to hear what you are thinking. Want to leave a product review? Let us know about that too: send us an e-mail, leave us a note in person, give us a call or leave your reviews on Facebook, Trip Advisor, Google, Yelp, MapQuest, Better Business Bureau, etc.
Nashville and Brown County is a great destination, no matter the season. We know you'll enjoy browsing all the unique and quaint stores in Nashville. If you'd like to find ways to entertain the rest of the family while you're shopping or you wonder what's happening this month, visit the Brown County Convention & Visitor's Bureau's website: www.browncounty.com.