On Monday night, March 21, 2022, Wishful Thinking experienced a devastating fire in our shop. The contents and the building have been damaged or destroyed. The neighboring shop was also damaged.
Fortunately, no one was in the shop at the time and no one was hurt. The nearby fire department, which is made up of volunteers, was at the fire department doing some maintenance. Had they not been there at the time, it would have been another 10 minutes before they would have arrived at the scene. The fire started on our porch; the fire inspector believes it was a discarded cigarette.
We want to keep you posted on our progress as we figure out our next steps.
Things we have done so far:
* We took down all our products from our online store since they were either destroyed or have smoke damage.
* In the next few days, we will begin to add new product to the online store as new goodies arrive at Marlene's home. We will not send you anything damaged in the fire!
* That being said, sometime in the future we will hold a Fire Sale for all the salvageable items. If you have been in our shop before, you'll remember that we had 2 rooms. The south room where we had our demo table, was heavily damaged by fire. The north room, where we had our cash register, experienced smoke and some water damage. We will keep you posted on a date and place once we figure that out.
* We are in the process of looking for a new home in Nashville. This is a bit of a challenge since retail space is limited and most available spaces are smaller than we'd like.
* We will continue to host our ATC swap! For those of you who've sent in their March ATCs, don't fret. I usually take them home to sort and distribute after hours. And we are so happy to note that our ATC collection at the shop survived the fire! You'll soon be able to view our 15+ year collection of our little masterpieces once again!
* Our July Used Stamp Sale is on hold for now.
* We don't have phone service at the shop, so please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can mail us still as well since we have a PO Box.
Thank you to everyone for your kind support and much welcomed prayers!
We'll be posting new stuff sometime soon online!
Currently, on shop in Nashville is closed due to fire damage. Check back often for more news and coming soon some more online shopping!
Love our shop? Tell someone about it! We love to hear what you are thinking. Want to leave a product review? Let us know about that too: send us an e-mail, leave us a note in person, give us a call or leave your reviews on Facebook, Trip Advisor, Google, Yelp, MapQuest, Better Business Bureau, etc.
Nashville and Brown County is a great destination, no matter the season. We know you'll enjoy browsing all the unique and quaint stores in Nashville. If you'd like to find ways to entertain the rest of the family while you're shopping or you wonder what's happening this month, visit the Brown County Convention & Visitor's Bureau's website: www.browncounty.com.