Looking to have a little fun and sharpen your creative skills at the same time? Join us in an Artist Trading Cards (or ATC's) swap at Wishful Thinking! Not only will you be able to play with all your fabulous scrapbooking and stamping tools and products, you'll have a blast while you create these little cards. You'll be able to increase the number of ATC's in your own personal collection, too. Seeing work from other crafting enthusiasts like you will also get those creative juices flowing! Anyone can join in the fun, no matter your skill level! Oh, and did we mention this is FREE to do?
Similar in size to a baseball trading card (2.5" x 3.5"), crafters use this small canvas to work on to create fun cards that will be shared with others in the swap. There's a new theme every month which we post online and announce in our newsletters. Simply make 6 cards and get 5 in return from the other fabulous artists in the swap. You can make them all the same design, or all different - it's up to you! At the end of the swap, we'll post them on our website (see below). Don’t forget to sign the back with your contact information in case another artist would like to contact you about your ATC.
Send us your ATCs by the 15th of each month Send them to us with a self-addressed envelope with return postage. Our address is Wishful Thinking, PO Box 573, Nashville, IN 47448. Please write Hand Cancel on your envelopes so your ATCs will arrive safely. You’ll also receive a FREE GIFT for playing in the Swap!
If you need some inspiration, check below for samples from previous swaps. Or, if you are at the shop, we have albums full of past swaps, just ask to see them. And if you find yourself needing something to make your cards, just poke around on our website to see if you can find those perfect stickers, dies or papers that will make this month's theme a reality. If you still have questions, send us an email or give us a call and we'll help you out.
Really, anyone can do this so what are you waiting for?
- Upcoming Themes
- Past Swaps
- October - Are You a Good Witch or a Bad Witch? Hmm, I'll have to think about this one!
- November - Raking Leaves Always a chore, but it sure is fun jumping into a pile of leaves!
- December - Put a Santa Hat On It Where will you place your Santa hats? On Santa? On a fish or a cow? On a child? On the moon?
- January - Polka Dots Polka dots are always fun and cheerful!
- February - Alice in Wonderland "Curiouser and curiouser!"
- March - Lions Since March comes in like a lion, let's create some ATCs featuring lions!
- April - Celestrial April 8 is the big day - a total Eclipse right here in Indiana!
Return to Top